- Please check and comment entries here.
Efficiency-Based Global Green Manufacturing Innovation Index
Manufacturing Innovation Index (GGMII) was developed by formulating an input-oriented data envelopment analysis model. Criteria such as the value added to the gross domestic product (GDP), corresponding CO2 emissions, and unemployment rates were examined in order to represent the economic, environmental, and social dimensions of SD, respectively. Other scientific and technological dimensions were also considered. The data corresponding to all ten of the criteria were collected from World Bank Open Data.
2. The Different Aspects of Innovation
This entry is adapted from 10.3390/su132212697
- Galindo-Martín, M.-A.; Castaño-Martínez, M.-S.; Méndez-Picazo, M.-T. The Relationship between Green Innovation, Social Entrepreneurship, and Sustainable Development. Sustainability 2020, 12, 4467.
- Schiederig, T.; Tietze, F.; Herstatt, C. What Is Green Innovation? A Quantitative Literature Review; Multidisciplinary Digital Publishing Institute: Hamburg, Germany, 2011.
- Andersen, M.M. Eco-innovation–towards a taxonomy and a theory. In Proceedings of the 25th Celebration DRUID Conference, Copenhagen, Denmark, 17–20 June 2008; p. 18.
- Cornell University; INSEAD; WIPO. Global Innovation Index 2020: Who Will Finance Innovations; World Intellectual Property Organization: Geneva, Switzerland, 2021; ISBN 9782381920009.
- Sohn, S.Y.; Kim, D.H.; Jeon, S.Y. Re-evaluation of global innovation index based on a structural equation model. Technol. Anal. Strateg. Manag. 2016, 28, 492–505.
- Nasierowski, W.; Arcelus, F. Interrelationships among the elements of national innovation systems: A statistical evaluation. Eur. J. Oper. Res. 1999, 119, 235–253.
- Bartels, F.L.; Voss, H.; Lederer, S.; Bachtrog, C. Determinants of national innovation systems: Policy implications for devel-oping countries. Innovation 2012, 14, 2–18.
- Reynolds, E.B.; Uygun, Y. Strengthening advanced manufacturing innovation ecosystems: The case of Massachusetts. Technol. Forecast. Soc. Chang. 2018, 136, 178–191.
- Crossa, M.; Wise, R.D. Innovation in the era of generalized monopolies: The case of the US–Mexico automotive industrial complex. Globalizations 2021.
- Goodridge, P.; Haskel, J.E.; Wallis, G. UK Innovation Index 2014; Imperial College Business School: London, UK, 2015; p. 79.
- Niebuhr, A.; Peters, J.C.; Schmidke, A. Spatial sorting of innovative firms and heterogeneous effects of agglomeration on innovation in Germany. J. Technol. Transf. 2020, 45, 1343–1375.
- Attia, M.; Yousfi, O.; Loukil, N.; Omri, A. Do directors’ attributes influence innovation? Empirical evidence from france. Int. J. Innov. Manag. 2021, 25, 2150010.
- Han, J.; Chen, X.; Sun, Y. Technology or Institutions: Which Is the Source of Green Economic Growth in Chinese Cities? Sustainability 2021, 13, 10934.
- Rodriguez, M.; Doloreux, D.; Shearmur, R. Variety in external knowledge sourcing and innovation novelty: Evidence from the KIBS sector in Spain. Technovation 2017, 68, 35–43.
- Choi, Y.S.; Lim, U. Contextual Factors Affecting the Innovation Performance of Manufacturing SMEs in Korea: A Structural Equation Modeling Approach. Sustainability 2017, 9, 1193.
- Aldieri, L.; Carlucci, F.; Cirà, A.; Ioppolo, G.; Vinci, C.P. Is green innovation an opportunity or a threat to employment? An empirical analysis of three main industrialized areas: The USA, Japan and Europe. J. Clean. Prod. 2019, 214, 758–766.
- Honjo, Y. Competition, Innovation, and Growth in Japan; Springer: Singapore, 2017; ISBN 9789811038631.
- D’Angelo, A.; Baroncelli, A. An investigation over inbound open innovation in SMEs: Insights from an Italian manufacturing sample. Technol. Anal. Strateg. Manag. 2019, 32, 542–560.
- Natalicchio, A.; Petruzzelli, A.M.; Cardinali, S.; Savino, T. Open innovation and the human resource dimension: An investi-gation into the Italian manufacturing sector. Manag. Decis. 2018, 56, 1271–1284.
- Bonfanti, A.; Del Giudice, M.; Papa, A. Italian Craft Firms Between Digital Manufacturing, Open Innovation, and Servitization. J. Knowl. Econ. 2018, 9, 136–149.
- Barbieri, L.; Bragoli, D.; Cortelezzi, F.; Marseguerra, G. Public Funding and Innovation Strategies. Evidence from Italian SMEs. Int. J. Econ. Bus. 2019, 27, 111–134.
- Brancati, R.; Marrocu, E.; Romagnoli, M.; Usai, S. Innovation activities and learning processes in the crisis: Evidence from Italian export in manufacturing and services. Ind. Corp. Chang. 2017, 27, 107–130.
- Koo, B.; Cozzarin, B. Do Large Firms Pursue More Process Innovation? A Case of Canadian Manufacturing Industries. J. Technol. Manag. Innov. 2021, 16, 19–27.
- Meza-González, L.; Sepulveda, J.M. The impact of competition with China in the US market on innovation in Mexican manufacturing firms. Lat. Am. Econ. Rev. 2019, 28, 5.
- Atayde, R.; Garduño, R.; Robles, E.; Zúñiga, P. Market competition and firm productivity and innovation: Responses in Mexican manufacturing industries. Reg. Sci. Policy Pract. 2021, 13, 1185–1214.
- Damuri, Y.R.; Aswicahyono, H.; Christian, D. Innovation policy in Indonesia. Innov. Policy Asean 2018, 98–127. Available online: https://www.eria.org/uploads/media/5.ERIA_Innovation_Policy_ASEAN_Chapter_4.pdf (accessed on 10 October 2021).
- Hartono, A.; Kusumawardhani, R. Innovation Barriers and Their Impact on Innovation: Evidence from Indonesian Manufacturing Firms. Glob. Bus. Rev. 2019, 20, 1196–1213.
- Roud, V.; Vlasova, V. Strategies of industry-science cooperation in the Russian manufacturing sector. J. Technol. Transf. 2018, 45, 870–907.
- Choi, Y.; Lee, H.; Debbarma, J. Are Global Companies Better in Environmental Efficiency in India? Based on Metafrontier Malmquist CO2 Performance. Sustainability 2020, 12, 8359.