- Please check and comment entries here.
Green Human Resource Management
Green Human Resource Management (GHRM) is a new field related to human capital that prioritizes the employees’ attitude development on the environmentally conscious organization.
2. Theories that Support GHRM and Corporate Social Responsibility
2.1. Stakeholder Theory
2.2. AMO Theory
2.4. Mediating Role of Perceived Organizational Support
2.5. Mediating Role of Affective Commitment
2.6. Green Transformational Leadership as Moderator
The entry is from 10.3390/su13168875
- Suganthi, L. Examining the relationship between corporate social responsibility, performance, employees’ pro-environmental behavior at work with green practices as mediator. J. Clean. Prod. 2019, 232, 739–750.
- Ahmed, M.; Zehou, S.; Raza, S.A.; Qureshi, M.A.; Yousufi, S.Q. Impact of CSR and environmental triggers on employee green behavior: The mediating effect of employee well-being. Corp. Soc. Responsib. Environ. Manag. 2020, 27, 2225–2239.
- Jackson, S.E.; Renwick, D.W.S.; Jabbour, C.J.C.; Muller-Camen, M. State-of-the-art and future directions for green human resource management. Ger. J. Res. Hum. Resour. Manag. 2011, 25, 99–116.
- García-Morales, V.J.; Jiménez-Barrionuevo, M.M.; Gutiérrez-Gutiérrez, L. Transformational leadership influence on organizational performance through organizational learning and innovation. J. Bus. Res. 2012, 65, 1040–1050.
- Abdallah, A.B.; Al-Ghwayeen, W.S. Green supply chain management and business performance: The mediating roles of environmental and operational performances. Bus. Process Manag. J. 2019, 26, 489–512.
- Achieng Owino, W. Influence of Selected Green Human Resource Management Practices on Environmental Sustainability at Menengai Oil Refinery Limited Nakuru, Kenya. J. Hum. Resour. Manag. 2016, 4, 19–27.
- Pinzone, M.; Guerci, M.; Lettieri, E.; Redman, T. Progressing in the change journey towards sustainability in healthcare: The role of “Green” HRM. J. Clean. Prod. 2016, 122, 201–211.
- Loosemore, M.; Lim, B.T.H. Linking corporate social responsibility and organizational performance in the construction industry. Constr. Manag. Econ. 2017, 35, 90–105.
- Kim, D.; Cho, W.; Allen, B. Sustainability of social economy organizations (SEOs): An analysis of the conditions for surviving and thriving. Soc. Sci. J. 2020, 1–17.
- Benn, S.; Teo, S.T.T.; Martin, A. Employee participation and engagement in working for the environment. Pers. Rev. 2015, 44, 492–510.
- Aust, I.; Matthews, B.; Muller-Camen, M. Common Good HRM: A paradigm shift in Sustainable HRM? Hum. Resour. Manag. Rev. 2020, 30, 100705.
- Langat, B.; Kwasira, J. Influences of Green Human Resource Management Practices on Environmental Sustainability At Kenyatta University, Kenya. Int. J. Econ. Commer. Manag. 2016, 4, 986–1003.
- Bombiak, E.; Marciniuk-Kluska, A. Green human resource management as a tool for the sustainable development of enterprises: Polish young company experience. Sustainability 2018, 10, 1739.
- Freitas, W.R.d.S.; Caldeira-Oliveira, J.H.; Teixeira, A.A.; Stefanelli, N.O.; Teixeira, T.B. Green human resource management and corporate social responsibility: Evidence from Brazilian firms. Benchmarking 2020, 27, 1551–1569.
- Mehralian, G.; Nazari, J.A.; Zarei, L.; Rasekh, H.R. The effects of corporate social responsibility on organizational performance in the Iranian pharmaceutical industry: The mediating role of TQM. J. Clean. Prod. 2016, 135, 689–698.
- He, J.; Morrison, A.M.; Zhang, H. Being sustainable: The three-way interactive effects of CSR, green human resource management, and responsible leadership on employee green behavior and task performance. Corp. Soc. Responsib. Environ. Manag. 2021, 28, 1043–1045.
- Albuquerque, R.; Koskinen, Y.; Zhang, C. Corporate social responsibility and firm risk: Theory and empirical evidence. Manag. Sci. 2019, 65, 4451–4469.
- Ofori, D.F.; Nyuur, R.B.; S-Darko, M.D. Corporate social responsibility and financial performance: Fact or fiction? A look at Ghanaian banks. Acta Commer. 2014, 14, 1–11.
- Shen, J.; Zhang, H. Socially responsible human resource management and employee support for external CSR: Roles of organizational CSR climate and perceived CSR directed toward employees. J. Bus. Ethics 2019, 156, 875–888.
- Shen, J.; Jiuhua Zhu, C. Effects of socially responsible human resource management on employee organizational commitment. Int. J. Hum. Resour. Manag. 2011, 22, 3020–3035.
- Story, J.S.P.; Castanheira, F. Corporate social responsibility and employee performance: Mediation role of job satisfaction and affective commitment. Corp. Soc. Responsib. Environ. Manag. 2019, 26, 1361–1370.
- McLaughlin, C. Corporate Social Responsibility and Human Resource Management. Hum. Resour. Manag. 2019, 273–292.
- Yoon, B.; Chung, Y. The effects of corporate social responsibility on firm performance: A stakeholder approach. J. Hosp. Tour. Manag. 2018, 37, 89–96.
- Freeman, E. Strategic Management—A Stakeholder Approach; Pitman: Boston, MA, USA, 1984.
- Malik, S.Y.; Mughal, Y.H.; Azam, T.; Cao, Y.; Wan, Z.; Zhu, H.; Thurasamy, R. Corporate social responsibility, green human resources management, and sustainable performance: Is organizational citizenship behavior towards environment the missing link? Sustainability 2021, 13, 1044.
- Zhao, Z.-Y.; Zhao, X.-J.; Davidson, K.; Zuo, J. A corporate social responsibility indicator system for construction enterprises. J. Clean. Prod. 2012, 29, 277–289.
- Jones, P.; Comfort, D.; Hillier, D. Corporate social responsibility and the UK construction industry. J. Corp. Real Estate 2006, 8, 134–150.
- Amrutha, V.N.; Geetha, S.N. A systematic review on green human resource management: Implications for social sustainability. J. Clean. Prod. 2020, 247, 119131.
- Jabbour, C.J.C. How green are HRM practices, organizational culture, learning and teamwork? A Brazilian study. Ind. Commer. Train. 2011, 43, 98–105.
- Zaid, A.A.; Jaaron, A.A.M.; Talib Bon, A. The impact of green human resource management and green supply chain management practices on sustainable performance: An empirical study. J. Clean. Prod. 2018.
- Gill, A.; Ahmad, B.; Kazmi, S. The effect of green human resource management on environmental performance: The mediating role of employee eco-friendly behavior. Manag. Sci. Lett. 2021, 11, 1725–1736.
- Haddock-Millar, J.; Sanyal, C.; Müller-Camen, M. Green human resource management: A comparative qualitative case study of a United States multinational corporation. Int. J. Hum. Resour. Manag. 2016, 27, 192–211.
- Arulrajah, A.A.; Opatha, H.H.D.N.P. Analytical and Theoretical Perspectives on Green Human Resource Management: A Simplified Underpinning. Int. Bus. Res. 2016, 9, 153.
- Eisenberger, R.; Huntington, R.; Hutchison, S.; Sowa, D. Eisenberger 1986 JAppPsychol POS original article. J. Appl. Psychol. 1986, 71, 500–507.
- Nazir, S.; Qun, W.; Hui, L.; Shafi, A. Influence of social exchange relationships on affective commitment and innovative behavior: Role of perceived organizational support. Sustainability 2018, 10, 4418.
- Liu, Y. Perceived organizational support and expatriate organizational citizenship behavior: The mediating role of affective commitment towards the parent company. Pers. Rev. 2009, 38, 307–319.
- Rubel, M.R.B.; Kee, D.M.H.; Rimi, N.N. The influence of green HRM practices on green service behaviors: The mediating effect of green knowledge sharing. Empl. Relations Int. J. 2021, 43, 996–1015.
- Stinglhamber, F.; Marique, G.; Caesens, G.; Desmette, D.; Hansez, I.; Hanin, D.; Bertrand, F. Employees’ organizational identification and affective organizational commitment? An integrative approach. PLoS ONE 2015, 10, e0123955.
- Ribeiro, N.; Yucel, I.; Gomes, D. How Transformational Leadership predicts Employees’ Affective Commitment and Performance. Int. J. Product. Perform. Manag. 2018, 67, 1901–1917.
- Sharma, J.; Dhar, R.L. Factors influencing job performance of nursing staff: Mediating role of affective commitment. Pers. Rev. 2016, 45, 161–182.
- Kim, Y.J.; Kim, W.G.; Choi, H.M.; Phetvaroon, K. The effect of green human resource management on hotel employees’ eco-friendly behavior and environmental performance. Int. J. Hosp. Manag. 2019, 76, 83–93.
- Koohang, A.; Paliszkiewicz, J.; Goluchowski, J. The impact of leadership on trust, knowledge management, and organizational performance: A research model. Ind. Manag. Data Syst. 2017, 117, 521–537.
- Dechant, K.; Altman, B. Environmental leadership: From compliance to competitive advantage. Acad. Manag. Perspect. 1994, 8, 7–20.
- Zhang, Y.; Zheng, J.; Darko, A. How does transformational leadership promote innovation in construction? The mediating role of innovation climate and the multilevel moderation role of project requirements. Sustainability 2018, 10, 1506.
- Khan, H.R.; Ali, M.; Olya, H.G.T.; Zulqarnain, M.; Khan, Z.R. Transformational leadership, corporate social responsibility, organizational innovation, and organizational performance: Symmetrical and asymmetrical analytical approaches. Corp. Soc. Responsib. Environ. Manag. 2018, 25, 1270–1283.