- Please check and comment entries here.
Healthcare Safety Nets during COVID-19
Healthcare safety net is an important concept during covid-19 infectious diseases. In the case of covid-19, the healthcare safety net meets the safety requirements, improves the quality of life, and reduces the turnover rate and mortality of patients.
1. Healthcare Safety Net Analysis
2. The Effect of Healthcare Safety Nets
The entry is from 10.3390/healthcare9081014
- Blumenthal, D.; Fowler, E.J.; Abrams, M.; Collins, S.R. Covid-19—Implications for the Health Care System. N. Engl. J. Med. 2020, 383, 1483–1488.
- Chatterjee, P.; Sommers, B.D.; Joynt Maddox, K.E. Essential but Undefined—Reimagining How Policymakers Identify Safety-Net Hospitals. N. Engl. J. Med. 2020, 383, 2593–2595.
- Walker, L.O.; Avant, K.C. Strategies for Theory Construction in Nursing; Pearson/Prentice Hall: Upper Saddle River, NJ, USA, 2005; Volume 4.
- Design Council. The Design Process; What is the Double Diamond? London: Design Council. 2015. Available online: https://www.designcouncil.org.uk/news-opinion/what-framework-innovation-design-councils-evolved-double-diamond (accessed on 17 March 2015).
- Shin, Y.; Shin, H.; Hwang, D.; Kim, H.; Kim, J. Establishment of the Health Care Safety Net and Policy Task; Institute for Health and Social Affairs: Seoul, Korea, 2006; ISBN 978-89-8187-396-7.
- Taylor, T.B. Threats to the health care safety net. Acad. Emerg. Med. 2001, 8, 1080–1087.
- Misa, N.Y.; Perez, B.; Basham, K.; Fisher-Hobson, E.; Butler, B.; King, K.; White, D.A.E.; Anderson, E.S. Racial/ethnic disparities in COVID-19 disease burden & mortality among emergency department patients in a safety net health system. Am. J. Emerg. Med. 2020.
- Bryan, A.F.; Tsai, T.C. Health Insurance Profitability During the COVID-19 Pandemic. Ann. Surg. 2021, 273, e88–e90.
- Sadasivaiah, S.; Shaffer, E.; Enanoria, W.; Su, G.; Goldman, S.; Scarafia, J.; Lee, T.; Yu, A.; Goldman, L.E.; Ratanawongsa, N. Informatics response to address the COVID-19 pandemic in a safety net healthcare system. JAMIA Open 2021, ooaa057.
- Napoleon, S.C.; Maynard, M.A.; Almonte, A.; Cormier, K.; Bertrand, T.; Ard, K.L.; Chan, P.A. Considerations for STI Clinics During the COVID-19 Pandemic. Sex Transm. Dis. 2020, 47, 431–433.
- Lopez, L., 3rd; Hart, L.H., 3rd; Katz, M.H. Racial and Ethnic Health Disparities Related to COVID-19. JAMA 2021, 325, 719–720.
- Cheng, T.L.; Moon, M.; Artman, M.; On behalf of the Pediatric Policy Council. Shoring up the safety net for children in the COVID-19 pandemic. Pediatric Res. 2020, 88, 349–351.
- Dhanda, S.; Osborne, V.; Lynn, E.; Shakir, S. Postmarketing studies: Can they provide a safety net for COVID-19 vaccines in the UK? BMJ Evid. Based Med. 2020.
- Lau, J.; Knudsen, J.; Jackson, H.; Wallach, A.B.; Bouton, M.; Natsui, S.; Philippou, C.; Karim, E.; Silvestri, D.M.; Avalone, L.; et al. Staying Connected In The COVID-19 Pandemic: Telehealth At The Largest Safety-Net System In The United States. Health Aff. 2020, 39, 1437–1442.
- Cho, S.-I. Health equity. Korean Med Assoc. 2015, 58, 1104–1107.
- Peynetti Velázquez, P.; Gupta, G.; Gupte, G.; Carson, N.J.; Venter, J. Rapid implementation of telepsychiatry in a safety-net health system during COVID-19 using Lean. NEJM Catal. Innov. Care Deliv. 2020, 1. Available online: https://catalyst.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/CAT.20.0319 (accessed on 17 July 2020).
- Long, B.; Brady, W.J.; Koyfman, A.; Gottlieb, M. Cardiovascular complications in COVID-19. Am. J. Emerg. Med. 2020, 38, 1504–1507.
- Bambra, C.; Riordan, R.; Ford, J.; Matthews, F. The COVID-19 pandemic and health inequalities. J. Epidemiol. Community Health 2020, 74, 964–968.
- Zandian, H.; Alipouri Sakha, M.; Nasiri, E.; Zahirian Moghadam, T. Nursing work intention, stress, and professionalism in response to the COVID-19 outbreak in Iran: A cross-sectional study. Work 2021, 68, 969–979.
- Huang, L.; Lin, G.; Tang, L.; Yu, L.; Zhou, Z. Special attention to nurses’ protection during the COVID-19 epidemic. Crit. Care 2020, 24, 120.
- McGilton, K.S.; Krassikova, A.; Boscart, V.; Sidani, S.; Iaboni, A.; Vellani, S.; Escrig-Pinol, A. Nurse Practitioners Rising to the Challenge During the Coronavirus Disease 2019 Pandemic in Long-Term Care Homes. Gerontologist 2021, 61, 615–623.
- Kim, H.; Choi, E.; Park, S.; Kim, E. Factors Influencing Preventive Behavior against Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) among Medically Inclined College Students. J. Korean Acad. Fundam. Nurs. 2020, 27, 428–437.
- Liu, S.Y.; Kang, X.L.; Wang, C.H.; Chu, H.; Jen, H.J.; Lai, H.J.; Shen, S.H.; Liu, D.; Chou, K.R. Protection procedures and preventions against the spread of coronavirus disease 2019 in healthcare settings for nursing personnel: Lessons from Taiwan. Aust. Crit. Care 2021, 34, 182–190.
- González-Gil, M.T.; González-Blázquez, C.; Parro-Moreno, A.I.; Pedraz-Marcos, A.; Palmar-Santos, A.; Otero-García, L.; Navarta-Sánchez, M.V.; Alcolea-Cosín, M.T.; Argüello-López, M.T.; Canalejas-Pérez, C.; et al. Nurses’ perceptions and demands regarding COVID-19 care delivery in critical care units and hospital emergency services. Intensive Crit. Care Nurs. 2021, 62, 102966.
- Kavanagh, K.T.; Pare, J.; Pontus, C. COVID-19: Through the eyes through the front line, an international perspective. Antimicrob. Resist. Infect. Control. 2020, 9, 179.
- Shon, C. The Response of the Seoul Municipal Hospitals against COVID-19 and Its Implications for Public Hospitals. Korea J. Hosp. Manag. 2020, 25, 38–52.
- Park, B.J. Epidemiological Characteristics of COVID-19 and Effective Preparation for the Second Outbreak. J. Health Tech. Assess. 2020, 8, 1–8.
- Kim, J. Ipmlication of the COVID-19 pandemic on health equity and healthy cities. Korean J. Health Educ. Promot. 2020, 37, 81–89.
- Alberti, P.M.; Lantz, P.M.; Wilkins, C.H. Equitable pandemic preparedness and rapid response: Lessons from COVID-19 for pandemic health equity. J. Health Politics Policy Law 2020, 45, 921–935.
- Mena, G.E.; Martinez, P.P.; Mahmud, A.S.; Marquet, P.A.; Buckee, C.O.; Santillana, M. Socioeconomic status determines COVID-19 incidence and related mortality in Santiago, Chile. Science 2021, 372, eabg5298.
- Chowkwanyun, M.; Reed, A.L. Racial Health Disparities and Covid-19—Caution and Context. N. Engl. J. Med. 2020, 383, 201–203.
- Kim, E.A. Social Distancing and Public Health Guidelines at Workplaces in Korea: Responses to Coronavirus Disease-19. Saf. Health Work 2020, 11, 275–283.
- Kwon, S. For a sustainable COVID-19 response policy. Korean J. Public Health 2020, 57, 25–37.