- Please check and comment entries here.
The concept of digital marketing is based on a combination of traditional marketing tools and online technologies enabled by the internet in the 1990s . Its synonyms include but are not limited to digital marketing, electronic marketing, e-marketing, and online marketing.
2. Application of Digital Marketing in Business Practice
4. Direction for Future
The inhomogeneity of the market, combined with its evolving nature, provides space for the application of knowledge and practices in markets of a similar nature.Further research could be focused mainly on extending the existing research from the point of view of the quantitative nature of the data.
The entry is from 10.3390/admsci11030071
- Gawer, Annabelle, and Michael A. Cusumano. 2014. Industry Platforms and Ecosystem Innovation. Journal of Product Innovation Management 31: 417–33.
- Felix, Reto, Philipp A. Rauschnabel, and Chris Hinsch. 2017. Elements of strategic social media marketing: A holistic framework. Journal of Business Research 70: 118–26.
- Yim, Mark Yi-Cheon, Shu-Chuan Chu, and Paul L. Sauer. 2017. Is Augmented Reality Technology an Effective Tool for E-commerce? An Interactivity and Vividness Perspective. Journal of Interactive Marketing 39: 89–103.
- Chesbrough, Henry, and Adrienne Kardon Crowther. 2006. Beyond high tech: Early adopters of open innovation in other industries. R&D Management 36: 229–36.
- Van den Bulte, Christophe, and Yogesh V. Joshi. 2007. New product diffusion with Influentials and imitators. Marketing Science 26: 400–21.
- Hanna, Richard, Andrew Rohm, and Victoria L. Crittenden. 2011. We’re all connected: The power of the social media ecosystem. Business Horizons 54: 265–73.
- Sashi, C. M. 2012. Customer engagement, buyer-seller relationships, and social media. Management Decision 50: 253–72.
- King, Robert allen, P radeep Racherla, and Victoria D. Bush. 2014. What We Know and Don’t Know About Online Word-of-Mouth: A Review and Synthesis of the Literature. Journal of Interactive Marketing 28: 167–83.
- Cant, Michael C., and Johannes A. Wiid. 2016. The use of traditional marketing tools by SMEs in an emerging economy: A South African perspective. Problems and Perspectives in Management 14: 64–70.
- Dunphy, Steven. 1999. Generation X: The “infopreneurs” of tomorrow? Technological Forecasting and Social Change 60: 199–203.
- Dou, Wenyu, Guangping Wang, and Nan Zhou. 2006. Generational and regional differences in media consumption patterns of Chinese Generation X consumers. Journal of Advertising 35: 101–10.
- Dabija, Dan-Cristian, Raluca Babut, Vasile Divu, and Medalina Lugojan. 2017. Cross-Generational Analysis of Information Searching based on social media in Romania. Transformations in Business and Economics 16: 248–70.
- Dabija, Dan-Cristian, Brîndușa Mariana Bejam, and Nicoleta Tipi. 2018. Generation X versus Millennials communication behaviour on social media when purchasing food versus tourist services. E+M Ekonomie a Management 21: 191–215.
- Sabaityte, Jolanta, Vida Davidaviciene, Jarmila Strakova, and Jurgita Raudeliuniene. 2019. Decision Tree Modelling of e-Consumers’ Preferences for Internet Marketing Communication Tools during Browsing. E+M Ekonomie a Management 22: 206–21.
- Swan, Kitty, and Kathryn Waite. 2015. Exploring the pension ‘X factor’ for generation Y men. Journal of Financial Services Marketing 20: 122–32.
- Lissitsa, Sabina, and Ofrit Kol. 2016. Generation X vs. Generation Y—A decade of online shopping. Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services 31: 304–12.
- Stam, Erik, and Andrew van de Ven. 2021. Entrepreneurial ecosystem elements. Small Business Economics: An Entrepreneurship Journal 56: 809–32.
- Varga, Attila, Temás Sebestyen, Norbert Szabo, and László Szerb. 2020. Estimating the economic impacts of knowledge network and entrepreneurship development in smart specialization policy. Regional Studies 54: 48–59.
- van de Vrande, Vareska, Jeroen P. J. De Jong, Wim Vanhaverbeke, and Maurice de Rochemont. 2009. Open innovation in SMEs: Trends, motives and management challenges. Technovation 29: 423–37.
- Falahat, Mohammad, T. Ramayah Ramayah, Pedro Soto-Acosta, and Yan-Yin Lee. 2020. SMEs internationalization: The role of product innovation, market intelligence, pricing and marketing communication capabilities as drivers of SMEs’ international performance. Technological Forecasting and Social Change 152: 119908.
- Lestari, Setyani Dwi, Farah Margaretha Leon, Sri. Widyastuti, Nora Andira Brabo, and Aditya Halim Perdana Kusuma Pu-tra. 2020. Antecedents and Consequences of Innovation and Business Strategy on Performance and Competitive Advantage of SMEs. The Journal of Asian Finance, Economics and Business 7: 365–78.
- Peterson, Robert A., Sridhar Balasubramanian, and Bart J. Bronnenberg. 1997. Exploring the implications of the Internet for consumer marketing. Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science 25: 329–46.
- Adjei, Mavis T., Stephanie M. Noble, and Charles H. Noble. 2010. The influence of C2C communications in online brand communities on customer purchase behavior. Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science 38: 634–53.
- Srivastava, Manish K., and Devi R. Gnyawali. 2011. When Do Relational Resources Matter? Leveraging Portfolio Technological Resources for Breakthrough Innovation. The Academy of Management Journal 54: 797–810.
- Klingebiel, Ronald, and Christian Rammer. 2014. Resource Allocation Strategy for Innovation Portfolio Management. Strategic Management Journal 35: 246–68.
- Rosenbusch, Nina, Jan Brinckmann, and Andreas Bausch. 2011. Is innovation always beneficial? A meta-analysis of the relationship between innovation and performance in SMEs. Journal of Business Venturing 26: 441–57.
- Klewitz, Johanna, and Erik G. Hansen. 2014. Sustainability-oriented innovation of SMEs: A systematic review. Journal of Cleaner Production 65: 57–75.
- GherghinaȘtefan, C., Mihai A. Botezatu, Alexandra Hosszu, and Liliana N. Simionescu. 2020. Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises (SMEs): The Engine of Economic Growth through Investments and Innovation. Sustainability 12: 347.
- Pollák, František, and Peter Markovič. 2021. Economic Activity as a Determinant for Customer Adoption of Social Media Marketing. Sustainability 13: 3999.