- Please check and comment entries here.
Sustainable Value Chain Management
Sustainable value chain management requires finding a balance between the economic, social, and environmental spheres, inside and outside the organizations, in all business functions/processes related to value chain formation. Managers for sustainable management need to have adequate and high-quality financial and non-financial information. They are crucial during times of economic crises (such as those associated with the COVID 19 pandemic). Functional controllers, through their competence and having the appropriate tools to carry out their tasks, can fully meet the information needs of managers in creating a sustainable value chain.
2. Sustainable Management as a New Direction of Management
The entry is from 10.3390/su13137139
- Evans, J.R.; Berman, B. Conceptualizing and Operationalizing the Business-to-Business Value Chain. Ind. Mark. Manag. 2001, 30, 135–148.
- Adebanjo, D.; Teh, P.-L.; Ahmed, P.K. The impact of external pressure and sustainable management practices on manufac-turing performance and environmental outcomes. Int. J. Oper. Prod. Manag. 2016, 36, 995–1013.
- Akhavan, R.M.; Beckmann, M. A configuration of sustainable sourcing and supply management strategies. J. Purch. Supply Manag. 2017, 23, 137–151.
- Daub, C.; Ergenzinger, R. Enabling sustainable management through a new multi-disciplinary concept of customer satisfac-tion. Eur. J. Mark. 2005, 39, 998–1012.
- De Villiers, C.; Naiker, V.; van Staden, P.C. The Effect of Board Characteristics on Firm Environmental Performance. J. Manag. 2011, 37, 1636–1663.
- Bokolo, A.J. Sustainable value chain practice adoption to improve strategic environmentalism in ICT-based industries. J. Glob. Oper. Strateg. Sourc. 2019, 12, 380–409.
- Shang, K.C.; Lu, C.S.; Li, S. A taxonomy of green supply chain management capability among electronics-related manufac-turing firms in Taiwan. J. Environ. Manag. 2010, 91, 1218–1226.
- Wang, O.; Somogyi, S.; Charlebois, S. Mapping the value chain of imported shellfish in China. Mar. Policy 2019, 99, 69–75.
- Axelsson, B.; Laage-Hellman, J.; Nilsson, U. Modern management for modern purchasing. Eur. J. Purch. Supply. Manag. 2002, 8, 53–62.
- Lee, S.M.; Rha, J.S. Ambidextrous supply chain as a dynamic capability: Building a resilient supply chain. Manag. Decis. 2016, 54, 2–23.
- De Villiers, C.; Van Staden, C.J. Can less environmental disclosure have a legitimacy effect? Evidence from Africa. Account. Organ. Soc. 2006, 31, 763–781.
- Teresienė, D.; Keliuotytė-Staniulėnienė, G.; Kanapickienė, R. Sustainable Economic Growth Support through Credit Transmission Channel and Financial Stability: In the Context of the COVID-19 Pandemic. Sustainability 2021, 13, 2692.
- CIMA. Sustainability and the role of the management accountant. Res. Exec. Summ. Ser. 2011, 7, 1–14.
- Ascani, I.; Ciccola, R.; Chiucchi, M.S. A Structured Literature Review about the Role of Management Accountants in Sustainability Accounting and Reporting. Sustainability 2021, 13, 2357.
- Green, K.W., Jr.; Zelbst, P.J.; Meacham, J.; Bhadauria, V.S. Green supply chain management practices: Impact on performance. Supply Chain Manag. Int. J. 2012, 17, 290–305.
- Lepistö, S.; Dobroszek, J.; Moilanen, S.; Zarzycka, E. Being a management accountant in a shared services centre. J. Account. Organ. Chang. 2018, 14, 492–512.
- Heinzelmann, R. Comparing Professions in UK and German-Speaking Management Accounting. Account. Eur. 2016, 13, 103–120.
- Järvenpää, M. Making Business Partners: A Case Study on how Management Accounting Culture was Changed. Eur. Account. Rev. 2007, 16, 99–142.
- Theriou, N.; Aggelidis, V.P.; Theriou, G.N. A theoretical framework contrasting the resource-based perspective and the knowledge-based view. Eur. Res. Stud. J. 2009, 12, 177–190.
- Shi, V.G.; Koh, S.L.; Baldwin, J.; Cucchiella, F. Natural resource based green supply chain management. Supply Chain Manag. Int. J. 2012, 17, 54–67.
- Gray, R. Is accounting for sustainability actually accounting for sustainability and how would we know? An exploration of narratives of organizations and the planet. Account. Organ. Soc. 2010, 35, 47–62.
- Weber, J.; Hirsch, B.; Rambusch, R.; Schlüter, H.; Sill, F.; Spatz, A.C. Controlling-Stand Und Perspektiven; Stiftung Wiss. Hochschule f. Unternehmensführung: Vallendar, Germany, 2006.
- Weber, J.; Schäffer, U. Sicherstellung der Rationalität von Führung als Aufgabe des Controlling? Die Betr. 1999, 59, 731–747.
- Mistry, V.; Sharma, U.; Low, M. Management accountants’ perception of their role in accounting for sustainable development: An exploratory study. Pac. Account. Rev. 2014, 26, 112–133.
- Heinzelmann, R. Occupational identities of management accountants: The role of the IT system. J. Appl. Account. Res. 2018, 19, 465–482.
- ICV. Controller-Anforderungen, Selbsverstandins and Chancen. Available online: (accessed on 1 April 2020).
- IGC. Controller-Kompetenzmodell. Ein Leitfaden Für Die Moderne Controller-Entwicklung Mit Mus-Ter-Kompetenzprofilen. Available online: (accessed on 2 April 2020).
- André, P. The Role and Current Status of IFRS in the Completion of National Accounting Rules–Evidence from European Countries. Account. Eur. 2017, 14, 1–12.
- Anthony, R.N.; Govindarajan, V. Management Control Systems; McGrawHill: Boston, MA, USA, 2007.
- Goretzki, S.; Strauss, E. The Role of the Management Accountant: Local Variations and Global Influences; Routledge: Oxfordshire, UK, 2018.
- Brandau, M.; Endenich, C.; Luther, R.; Trapp, R. Separation integration and now?—An historical perspective on the rela-tionship between German management accounting and financial accounting. Account. Hist. 2017, 22, 67–91.
- Duller, K.; Wolfsgruber, I.; Feldbauer-Durstmüller, B. Management accounting and IAS/IFRS empirical findings from Austria. Eur. J. Manag. 2013, 13, 49–60.
- Weißenberger, B.E.; Angelkort, H. Integration of Financial and Management Accounting Systems: The Mediating In-fluence of a Consistent Financial Language on Controllership Effectiveness. Manag. Account. Res. 2011, 22, 160–180.
- Sharma, U.; Lawrence, S.; Lowe, A. Institutional contradiction and management control innovation: A field study of total quality management practices in a privatized telecommunication company. Manag. Account. Res. 2010, 21, 251–264.
- Guldin, A. Everybody’s Darling or Nobody’s Friend–Ausrichtung des Controllings in unternehmensinternen Spannungsfeldern. In Innovative Controlling—Tools Und Konzepte Von Spitzenunternehmen; Horváth, P., Ed.; Schäffer Poeschel: Stuttgart, Germany, 1998; pp. 69–81.
- Günther, T.W. Conceptualisations of ‘controlling’ in German-speaking countries: Analysis and comparison with Anglo-American management control frameworks. J. Manag. Control 2013, 23, 269–290.
- Horváth, P. Controlling; Verlag Vahlen: Munich, Germany, 2006.
- Schäffer, U.; Binder, C. Controlling’ as an academic discipline: The development of management accounting and management control research in German-speaking countries between 1970 and 2003. Account. Hist. 2008, 13, 33–74.
- Szychta, A.; Dobroszek, J. Perception of Management Accounting and Controlling by Polish Authors in Publications in 1990–2016. Adv. Econ. Bus. Manag. Res. 2016, 27, 450–467.
- Schäffer, U. Management accounting research in Germany: From splendid isolation to being part of the international com-munity. J. Manag. Control. 2013, 23, 291–309.
- Küpper, H.-U. Controlling–Konzeption; Aufgaben, Instrumente, Schäffer Poeschel: Stuttgart, Germany, 2008.
- Wagenhofer, A. Management Accounting Research in German-Speaking Countries. J. Manag. Account. Res. 2006, 18, 1–19.
- Schäffer, U.; Weber, J. Bereichscontrolling Funktionsspezifische Anwendungsfelder; Methoden und Instrumente, Schaffer Poeschel: Stuttgart, Germany, 2005; pp. 129–160.
- Macher, J.T.; Mowery, D.C. Measuring Dynamic Capabilities: Practices and Performance in Semiconductor Manufacturing. Br. J. Manag. 2009, 20, S41–S62.
- Varzaru, A.A.; Bocean, C.G.; Nicolescu, M.M. Rethinking Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability in Light of Economic Performance. Sustainability 2021, 13, 2660.
- Grandlund, M.; Lukka, K. It’s a small world of management accounting practices. J. Manag. Account. Res. 1998, 10, 151–179.
- Zarzycka, E. Concepts and Trends in the Development of the Profession of a Management Accounting Specialist; University of Lodz: Lodz, Poland, 2016.
- Hemmer, T.; Labro, E. On the Optimal Relation between the Properties of Managerial and Financial Reporting Systems. J. Account. Res. 2007, 46, 1209–1240.
- McNally, M.-A.; Cerbone, D.; Maroun, W. Exploring the challenges of preparing an integrated report. Meditari Account. Res. 2017, 25, 481–504.
- Everaert, P.; Sarens, G.; Rommel, J. Outsourcing of Accounting Tasks in SMEs: An extended TCE Model. In Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration; Ghent University: Ghent, Belgium, 2006.
- Graham, A.; Davey-Evans, S.; Toon, I. The developing role of the financial controller: Evidence from the UK. J. Appl. Account. Res. 2012, 13, 71–88.
- Dziobczenski, P.R.N.; Person, O.; Meriläinen, S. Designing Career Paths in Graphic Design: A Document Analysis of Job Advertisements for Graphic Design Positions in Finland. Des. J. 2018, 21, 349–370.
- Procházka, D. Specifics of IFRS Adoption by Czech Private Companies. Procedia-Soc. Behav. Sci. 2016, 220, 363–372.