About This Volume
One of the aims of the Fourth Industrial Revolution is to improve the quality of manufactured products and therefore, more reliable, precise and affordable measurement systems are required. This process can be achieved through digitalisation and the implementation of more intelligent and autonomous manufacturing systems.
This new “Encyclopaedia” aims to collect the state of the arts in the manufacturing research industry in an effort to optimise the refinement and automation of measurement systems.
Papers should address, but be not limited to, the following topics:
- The role of metrology in Industry 4.0;
- Uncertainty analysis of measurement systems;
- Machine learning for manufacturing metrology;
- New technology and instruments for manufacturing metrology;
- Implementation of autonomous measurement machines;
- Robotic systems for metrological applications;
- Integrating metrology into manufacturing;
- Smart solutions for surface and form metrology
Title: Energy Transfer in Metal LPBF
Authors: David Deisenroth, Brandon Lane and Sergey Mekhontsev
National Institute of Standards and Technology, 100 Bureau Drive, Gaithersburg, MD 20899, USA