- Please check and comment entries here.
Inter-Organizational Relationship Performance
Inter-Organizational Relationship Performance (IORP) was directly affected by trust, commitment, coordination, and frequency of interaction directly, while simultaneously, communication and participation have indirect impacts on IORP.
2. Facts about Inter-Organizational Relationship Performance
2.1. Inter-Organizational Communication
2.2.2. Inter-Organizational Coordination
2.3. Inter-Organizational Trust
2.4. Commitment towards the Relationship
The entry is from 10.3390/su13169102
- Mohr, J.; Spekman, R. Characteristics of partnership success: Partnership attributes, communication behavior, and conflict resolution techniques. Strat. Manag. J. 1994, 15, 135–152.
- Medina-Muñoz, D.; Garcíía-Falcón, J.M. Successful relationships between hotels and agencies. Ann. Tour. Res. 2000, 27, 737–762.
- Palmatier, R.W.; Dant, R.P.; Grewal, D. A Comparative Longitudinal Analysis of Theoretical Perspectives of Interorganizational Relationship Performance. J. Mark. 2007, 71, 172–194.
- Yang, Q.; Wang, Q.; Zhao, X. Improving relationship performance on platforms: The role of platform technology usage in promoting justice. J. Bus. Ind. Mark. 2019, 34, 965–976.
- Ashnai, B.; Henneberg, S.C.; Naudé, P.; Francescucci, A. Inter-personal and inter-organizational trust in business relationships: An attitude–behavior–outcome model. Ind. Mark. Manag. 2016, 52, 128–139.
- Morgan, R.M.; Hunt, S.D. The Commitment-Trust Theory of Relationship Marketing. J. Mark. 1994, 58, 20–38.
- Cote, J.; Latham, C.K. Trust and Commitment: Intangible Drivers of Interorganizational Performance. In Advances in Management Accounting; Emerald Group Publishing Limited: Bingley, UK, 2006; pp. 293–325.
- Birnberg, J.G. Expanding our frontiers: Management accounting research in the next decade? In Advances in Management Accounting; Emerald Group Publishing Limited: Bingley, UK, 2004.
- Elche, D.; García-Villaverde, P.M.; Martínez-Pérez, A. Inter-organizational relationships with core and peripheral partners in heritage tourism clusters. Int. J. Contemp. Hosp. Manag. 2018, 30, 2438–2457.
- Williamson, O.E. Markets and Hierarchies: Analysis and Antitrust Implications, A Study in the Economics of Internal Organization. 1975. Available online: https://papers.ssrn.com/abstract=1496220 (accessed on 15 October 2020).
- Salancik, G.R.; Pfeffer, J. Uncertainty, Secrecy, and the Choice of Similar Others. Soc. Psychol. 1978, 41, 246–255.
- Turker, D. Analyzing relational sources of power at the interorganizational communication system. Eur. Manag. J. 2014, 32, 509–517.
- Daft, R.L. Management; Thomson South-Western: Mason, OH, USA, 2003.
- Czepiel, J.A. Patterns of Interorganizational Communications and the Diffusion of a Major Technological Innovation in a Competitive Industrial Community. Acad. Manag. J. 1975, 18, 6–24.
- Mohr, J.; Nevin, J.R. Communication Strategies in Marketing Channels: A Theoretical Perspective. J. Mark. 1990, 54, 36–51.
- Anderson, E.; Weitz, B. The Use of Pledges to Build and Sustain Commitment in Distribution Channels. J. Mark. Res. 1992, 29, 18–34.
- Moorman, C.; Deshpandé, R.; Zaltman, G. Factors Affecting Trust in Market Research Relationships. J. Mark. 1993, 57, 81–101.
- Aulakh, P.S.; Madhok, A. Cooperation and performance in international alliances: The critical role of flexibility. In Cooperative Strategies and Alliances; Contractor, J.L., Lorange, P., Eds.; Elsevier: Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 2002.
- Anderson, J.C.; Narus, J.A. A Model of Distributor Firm and Manufacturer Firm Working Partnerships. J. Mark. 1990, 54, 42–58.
- Paulraj, A.; Lado, A.A.; Chen, I.J. Inter-organizational communication as a relational competency: Antecedents and performance outcomes in collaborative buyer-supplier relationships. J. Oper. Manag. 2007, 26, 45–64.
- Moscardo, G. Using Systems Thinking to Improve Tourism and Hospitality Research Quality and Relevance: A Critical Review and Conceptual Analysis. Tour. Hosp. 2021, 2, 9.
- Palmatier, R.W.; Dant, R.P.; Grewal, D.; Evans, K.R. Factors Influencing the Effectiveness of Relationship Marketing: A Meta-Analysis. J. Mark. 2006, 70, 136–153.
- Narus, J.A.; Anderson, J.C. Distributor contributions to partnerships with manufacturers. Bus. Horizons 1987, 30, 34–42.
- Das, S.; Sen, P.K.; Sengupta, S. Impact of Strategic Alliances on Firm Valuation. Acad. Manag. J. 1998, 41, 27–41.
- Flieger, S.P.; Thomas, C.P.; Prottas, J. Improving Interorganizational Coordination Between Primary Care and Oncology: Adapting a Chronic Care Management Model for Patients With Cancer. Med Care Res. Rev. 2019, 78, 229–239.
- Okhuysen, G.A.; Bechky, B.A. 10 Coordination in Organizations: An Integrative Perspective. Acad. Manag. Ann. 2009, 3, 463–502.
- Jiang, Z.; Henneberg, S.C.; Naudé, P. The importance of trust vis-à-vis reliance in business relationships: Some international findings. Int. Mark. Rev. 2011, 28, 318–339.
- Zaheer, A.; McEvily, B.; Perrone, V. Does Trust Matter? Exploring the Effects of Interorganizational and Interpersonal Trust on Performance. Organ. Sci. 1998, 9, 141–159.
- Mouzas, S.; Henneberg, S.; Naudé, P. Trust and reliance in business relationships. Eur. J. Mark. 2007, 41, 1016–1032.
- Füller, J.; Muhlbacher, H.; Matzler, K.; Jawecki, G. Consumer Empowerment Through Internet-Based Co-creation. J. Manag. Inf. Syst. 2009, 26, 71–102.
- Yeh, W.-C.; Tseng, M.-H.; Lee, C.-C.; Yu, C. The Impact of Relationship Trust, Environmental Protection Awareness, and Regenerative Innovation on Environmental Performance: A Case Study of the Industrial Waste Industry. Sustainability 2020, 12, 2818.
- Mariño-Romero, J.M.; Hernández-Mogollón, J.M.; Campón-Cerro, A.M.; Folgado-Fernández, J.A. Corporate Social Responsibility in Hotels: A Proposal of a Measurement of its Performance through Marketing Variables. Sustainability 2020, 12, 2961.
- Larson, A. Network Dyads in Entrepreneurial Settings: A Study of the Governance of Exchange Relationships. Adm. Sci. Q. 1992, 37, 76–104.
- De Jong, G.; Woolthuis, R.K. The Institutional Arrangements of Innovation: Antecedents and Performance Effects of Trust in High-Tech Alliances. Ind. Innov. 2008, 15, 45–67.
- Seppänen, R.; Blomqvist, K.; Sundqvist, S. Measuring inter-organizational trust—a critical review of the empirical research in 1990–2003. Ind. Mark. Manag. 2007, 36, 249–265.
- Zucker, L.G. Production of trust: Institutional sources of economic structure, 1840–1920. In Research in Organizational Behavior; Straw, B.M., Cumming, L.L., Eds.; JAI Press: Greenwich, CT, USA, 1986.
- Dyer, J.H.; Chu, W. The Role of Trustworthiness in Reducing Transaction Costs and Improving Performance: Empirical Evidence from the United States, Japan, and Korea. Organ. Sci. 2003, 14, 57–68.
- Angle, H.L.; Perry, J.L. An Empirical Assessment of Organizational Commitment and Organizational Effectiveness. Adm. Sci. Q. 1981, 26.
- Jap, S.D.; Ganesan, S. Control Mechanisms and the Relationship Life Cycle: Implications for Safeguarding Specific Investments and Developing Commitment. J. Mark. Res. 2000, 37, 227–245.
- Williamson, O.E. Assessing contract. J. Law Econ. Organ. 1985, 1, 177–208.
- Cummings, T.G. Transorganizational development. Res. Organ. Behav. 1984, 6, 367–422.
- Chen, X.; Sun, X.; Yan, D.; Wen, D. Perceived Sustainability and Customer Engagement in the Online Shopping Environment: The Rational and Emotional Perspectives. Sustainability 2020, 12, 2674.
- Pfeffer, J.; Salancik, G.R. The External Control of Organizations: A Resource Dependence Perspective; Stanford University Press: Palo Alto, CA, USA, 2003.