- Please check and comment entries here.
Combined Heat and Power-Based Microgrids
The microgrid has emerged to reduce centralized generation problems and make structural changes to power systems. Parallel operation of distributed generation (DG) units, combined heat and power (CHP) units, and energy storage in the microgrids reduces environmental pollution, operation costs, and increases the reliability of energy systems.
2. Management and Scheduling of Distributed Generation Units (DGs)
For a given level of β, i.e., β = 0.4 the uncertainty radius, i.e., α is obtained to be 0.34. This means that, with the consent of the 40% reduction in the objective function relative to its base-case value, at least 66% of the predicted amount of power generation by renewable energy sources could be available.
By considering random variations of uncertain parameters based on their corresponding PDFs, via MCS trials, it is observed that the obtained schedule for the microgrid is robust for the determined radius of uncertainty.
The robust schedule of the microgrid is obtained without any information regarding the nature and behavior of uncertain parameters, e.g., their PDF.
Additionally, despite the other methods for uncertainty handling, such as MCS and scenario-based stochastic modeling, the IGDT does not add any computational complexity to the scheduling problem of microgrids.
The entry is from 10.3390/su13137119
- Yaprakdal, F.; Yılmaz, M.B.; Baysal, M.; Anvari-Moghaddam, A. A Deep Neural Network-Assisted Approach to Enhance Short-Term Optimal Operational Scheduling of a Microgrid. Sustainability 2020, 12, 1653.
- Ramli, M.A.M.; Bouchekara, H.R.E.H.; Alghamdi, A.S. Efficient Energy Management in a Microgrid with Intermittent Renewable Energy and Storage Sources. Sustainability 2019, 11, 3839.
- Wang, Y.; Huang, Y.; Wang, Y.; Li, F.; Zhang, Y.; Tian, C. Operation Optimization in a Smart Micro-Grid in the Presence of Distributed Generation and Demand Response. Sustainability 2018, 10, 847.
- Dagdougui, Y.; Ouammi, A.; Benchrifa, R. Energy Management-Based Predictive Controller for a Smart Building Powered by Renewable Energy. Sustainability 2020, 12, 4264.
- Wang, J.; Wu, C.; Niu, T. A Novel System for Wind Speed Forecasting Based on Multi-Objective Optimization and Echo State Network. Sustainability 2019, 11, 526.
- Alipour, M.; Mohammadi-Ivatloo, B.; Zare, K. Stochastic scheduling of renewable and CHP-based microgrids. IEEE Trans. Ind. Inform. 2015, 11, 1049–1058.
- Bui, V.-H.; Hussain, A.; Kim, H.-M. A multiagent-based hierarchical energy management strategy for multi-microgrids considering adjustable power and demand response. IEEE Trans. Smart Grid 2018, 9, 1323–1333.
- Tang, J.; Ding, M.; Lu, S.; Li, S.; Huang, J.; Gu, W. Operational flexibility constrained intraday rolling dispatch strategy for CHP microgrid. IEEE Access 2019, 7, 96639–96649.
- Chaouachi, A.; Kamel, R.M.; Andoulsi, R.; Nagasaka, K. Multi objective intelligent energy management for a microgrid. IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron. 2013, 60, 1688–1699.
- Mohammadi, S.; Soleymani, S.; Mozafari, B. Scenario-based stochastic operation management of microgrid including wind, photovoltaic, micro-turbine, fuel cell and energy storage devices. Int. J. Electr. Power Energy Syst. 2014, 54, 525–535.
- Aluisio, B.; Dicorato, M.; Forte, G.; Trovato, M. An optimization procedure for Microgrid day-ahead operation in the presence of CHP facilities. Sustain. Energy Grids Netw. 2017, 11, 34–45.
- Kopanos, G.M.; Georgiadis, M.C.; Pistikopoulos, E.N. Energy production planning of a network of micro combined heat and power generators. Appl. Energy 2013, 102, 1522–1534.
- Rajabi, F.; Salami, A.; Azimi, M. Hierarchical and multi-level demand response programme considering the flexibility of loads. IET Gener. Transm. Distrib. 2020, 14, 1051–1061.
- Gholizadeh, A.; Rabiee, A.; Fadaeinedjad, R. A scenario-based voltage stability constrained planning model for integration of large-scale wind farms. Int. J. Electr. Power Energy Syst. 2019, 105, 564–580.
- Li, C.; Jia, X.; Zhou, Y.; Li, X. A microgrids energy management model based on multi-agent system using adaptive weight and chaotic search particle swarm optimization considering demand response. J. Clean. Prod. 2020, 262, 121247.
- Li, H.; Wan, Z.; He, H. Real-Time Residential Demand Response. IEEE Trans. Smart Grid 2020, 11, 4144–4154.
- Wang, Z.; Paranjape, R.; Chen, Z.; Zeng, K. Layered stochastic approach for residential demand response based on real-time pricing and incentive mechanism. IET Gener. Transm. Distrib. 2020, 14, 423–431.
- Kazemi, M.; Mohammadi-Ivatloo, B.; Ehsan, M. Risk-based bidding of large electric utilities using information gap decision theory considering demand response. Electr. Power Syst. Res. 2014, 114, 86–92.
- Ilbahar, E.; Cebi, S.; Kahraman, C. A state-of-the-art review on multi-attribute renewable energy decision making. Energy Strat. Rev. 2019, 25, 18–33.
- Soroudi, A.; Ehsan, M. IGDT based robust decision making tool for DNOs in load procurement under severe uncertainty. IEEE Trans. Smart Grid 2013, 4, 886–895.
- Soroudi, A.; Rabiee, A.; Keane, A. Information gap decision theory approach to deal with wind power uncertainty in unit commitment. Electr. Power Syst. Res. 2017, 145, 137–148.
- Wu, Y.; Chu, H.; Xu, C. Risk assessment of wind-photovoltaic-hydrogen storage projects using an improved fuzzy synthetic evaluation approach based on cloud model: A case study in China. J. Energy Storage 2021, 38, 102580.
- Nojavan, S.; Mohammadi-Ivatloo, B.; Zare, K. Optimal bidding strategy of electricity retailers using robust optimisation approach considering time-of-use rate demand response programs under market price uncertainties. IET Gener. Transm. Distrib. 2015, 9, 328–338.
- Abapour, S.; Mohammadi-Ivatloo, B.; Hagh, M.T. Robust bidding strategy for demand response aggregators in electricity market based on game theory. J. Clean. Prod. 2020, 243, 118393.
- Zare, K.; Moghaddam, M.P.; El Eslami, M.K.S. Demand bidding construction for a large consumer through a hybrid IGDT-probability methodology. Energy 2010, 35, 2999–3007.