Anet Režek Jambrak is a Professor at the Faculty of Food Technology and Biotechnology of the University of Zagreb. She has been serving as a scientific advisor in food engineering (biotechnical sciences) since 2018. From 2019, she is the head of Laboratory for sustainable development. She was trained at Coventry University, UK and at the University of Avignon, France. Her field of research is food chemistry, food physics, nonthermal processing, advanced thermal processing, sustainability, food processing, Industry 4.0, digitalization etc. Since 2007, Anet Režek Jambrak has published over 100 significant scientific papers with citation more than 2250, (h-index 25) and is an author of book chapters in recognized scientific publishers like Wiley, Elsevier, Springer etc. She received several prizes and awards; in 2019 she received the title of Highly Cited Researcher, among 0.1% world scientists, and a national award for Science, Parliament of the Republic of Croatia, Ministry of Science and Education, Government of the Republic of Croatia; in 2016 she was awarded Young Scientist Award and in 2011 Award to young scientist “Vera Johanides”, Academy of Technical Sciences of Croatia. In 2010, World renowned Journal of Food Engineering Elsevier: Journal of Food Engineering, recognized her for highest cited papers.
She is a member of Global Young Academy (GYA) and International Academy of Food Science and Technology.
Novel food processing technologies (high power ultrasound, microwave processing, pulsed electric field processing, plasma, UV, pulsed light.); sustainability, Industry 4.0
Highly cited researcher 2019
2013 Associate professor
2011 Senior research scientist
2010 Research scientist
2009 Assistant professor
March 2009, habilitated “Experimental methods in determination of phase transition temperatures – DTA, DSC”
2009 Research associate
2004 Young researcher
2008 Post graduated study Ph.D:
University of Zagreb, Faculty of Food Technology and Biotechnology
Thesis: Ultrasonic effect on physical and functional properties of whey proteins
2002 Graduate study, MSc, University of Zagreb, Faculty of Food Technology and
2009 University of Avignon, France
Research field: Microwave and ultrasound extraction of bioactive compounds (invited researcher)
2006 Winner of the scholarship from France government in Croatia. Compiegne,
France. Research field: Application of pulsed electric field in juice extraction from
fruits and vegetables and their texture stability (processing in food industry).
2005 Winner of the 'British Scholarship Trust' scholarship. Research in Coventry, United
Kingdom Research field: Application of high and low intensity ultrasound in food
science and technology research (processing in food industry).
Editorial member of scientific journals:
1.Journal of Food Processing and Preservation (Wiley)
2. Journal of Food Quality (Hindawi)
3. Food Engineering Review (Springer)
International editorial board member of scientific journals:
1) Member of editorial board of international journal International Journal of Science & Emerging Technologies http://ojs.excelingtech.co.uk/index.php/IJSET/about/editorialPolicies#custom-0
2) Member of editorial board of international journal Food Science and Technology Letters http://www.bioinfo.in/contents.php?id=66&page=aim
3) Member of editorial board of international journal QScience Connect (ISSN:2223-506X) http://www.qscience.com/page/ji_connect
4) Member of editorial board of international journal Segment Journals, Applied Science (eISSN: 2220-2013) (2012- ) http://e-segments.com/ejournal.php?id=2
Associate editor of International Journals:
1. American Journal of Food Technology http://scialert.net/eboard.php?issn=1557-4571
2. Journal of Applied Sciences http://scialert.net/eboard.php?issn=1812-5654
3. Trends in Applied Sciences Research http://scialert.net/eboard.php?issn=1819-3579
4. Journal of Food Resource Science http://scialert.net/eboard.php?issn=2224-3550
1.Management Committee member of COST projects
2. Member of Food preservation technologies of GHI:
EFSA’s expert database European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) http://www.efsa.europa.eu/
Member of Academy:
1. IAFOST (the International Academy of Food Science and Techology) - Early career scientists
2. Global Young Academy
President of Early career scientist section of IUFOST:
- IUFOST YOUNG SCIENTIST AWARD 2016
- Who is Who in Croatia 2011.
Who is Who in the World 2008.
- Award from Croatian Academy of technical sciences for young scientists for the year 2010. (Vera Johanides award)
- Winner of the Annual award from Croatian government for the best young researcher for the year 2008.
- Winner of Annual award of “Biotechnical foundation” for the year 2008.
- Winner of The annual award of “The society of university teachers, scholars and other scientists – Zagreb” for the year 2007.
- Winner of support of “Biotechnical foundation” for the year 2005.
GLOBAL YOUNG ACADEMY - GYA
INTERNATIONAL UNION OF FOOD SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY - IUFOST
INTERNATIONAL ACADEMY OF FOOD SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY - IAFOST
President of Early Career Scientists Section - INTERNATIONAL UNION OF FOOD SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY - IUFOST
List of papers (personal web page):