- Please check and comment entries here.
Modified Nb-Si-Based Multi-Element Alloys
Nb-Si-based superalloys are considered as the most promising high-temperature structural material to replace the Ni-based superalloys. Unfortunately, the poor oxidation resistance is still a major obstacle to the application of Nb-Si-based alloys. Alloying is a promising method to overcome this problem.
1. Nb-Si-Based Alloys Modified with Hf Elements
2. Nb-Si-Based Alloys Modified with Cr Elements
3. Nb-Si-Based Alloys Modified with Zr Elements
4. Nb-Si-Based Alloys Modified with B Elements
This entry is adapted from 10.3390/coatings11111373
- Geng, J.; Tsakiropoulos, P.; Shao, G.S. Oxidation of Nb-Si-Cr-Al in situ composites with Mo, Ti and Hf additions. Mater. Sci. Eng. A 2006, 441, 26–38.
- Geng, J.; Tsakiropoulos, P. A study of the microstructures and oxidation of Nb-Si-Cr-Al-Mo in situ composites alloyed with Ti, Hf and Sn. Intermetallics 2007, 15, 382–395.
- Vazquez, A.; Varma, S.K. High-temperature oxidation behavior of Nb-Si-Cr alloys with Hf additions. J. Alloys Compd. 2011, 509, 7027–7033.
- Zhang, S.; Guo, X. Alloying effects on the microstructure and properties of Nb–Si based ultrahigh temperature alloys. Intermetallics 2016, 70, 33–44.
- Zhang, S.; Guo, X.P. Microstructure, mechanical properties and oxidation resistance of Nb silicide based ultrahigh temperature alloys with Hf addition. Mater. Sci. Eng. A 2015, 645, 88–98.
- Cui, K.K.; Zhang, Y.Y.; Fu, T.; Hussain, S.; AlGarni, T.S.; Wang, J.; Zhang, X.; Ali, S. Effects of Cr2O3 content on microstructure and mechanical properties of Al2O3 substrate composites. Coatings 2021, 11, 234.
- Pan, Y. Structural Prediction and overall performances of CrSi2 disilicides: DFT investigations. ACS Sustain. Chem. Eng. 2020, 8, 11024–11030.
- Chan, K.S. Cyclic oxidation response of multiphase niobium-based alloys. Met. Mater. Trans. A 2004, 35, 589–597.
- Wang, L.G.; Jia, L.N.; Cui, R.J.; Zheng, L.L.; Zhang, H. Microstructure, mechanical properties and oxidation resistance of Nb-22Ti-14Si-2Hf-2Al-xCr alloys. Chin. J. Aeronaut. 2012, 25, 292–296.
- Zelenitsas, K.; Tsakiropoulos, P. Study of the role of Al and Cr additions in the microstructureof Nb-Ti-Si in situ composites. Intermetallics 2005, 13, 1079–1095.
- Zelenitsas, K.; Tsakiropoulos, P. Effect of Al, Cr and Ta additions on the oxidation behaviour of Nb-Ti-Si in situ composites at 800 °C. Mater. Sci. Eng. A 2006, 416, 269–280.
- Esparza, N.; Rangel, V.; Gutierrez, A.; Arellano, B.; Varma, S.K. A comparison of the effect of Cr and Al additions on the oxidation behaviour of alloys from the Nb–Cr–Si system. Mater. High Temp. 2016, 33, 105–114.
- Zhang, S.; Guo, X. Effects of Cr and Hf additions on the microstructure and properties of Nb silicide based ultrahigh temperature alloys. Mater. Sci. Eng. A 2015, 638, 121–131.
- Pan, Y.; Pu, D.; Yu, E. Structural, electronic, mechanical and thermodynamic properties of Cr–Si binary silicides from first-principles investigations. Vacuum 2021, 185, 110024.
- Su, L.; Jia, L.; Jiang, K.; Zhang, H. The oxidation behavior of high Cr and Al containing Nb-Si-Ti-Hf-Al-Cr alloys at 1200 and 1250 °C. Int. J. Refract. Met. Hard Mater. 2017, 69, 131–137.
- Tsai, Y.L.; Wang, S.F.; Bor, H.Y.; Hsu, Y.F. Effects of Zr addition on the microstructure and mechanical behavior of a fine-grained nickel-based superalloy at elevated temperatures. Mater. Sci. Eng. A 2014, 607, 294–301.
- Luo, C.; Lu, N.; Zhu, C.L.; Li, H.Z.; Liu, X.Q. Effect of trace zirconium addition on high temperature mechanical properties of casting TiAl alloy. Foundry 2012, 61, 754–757.
- Swadźba, R.; Swadźba, L.; Wiedermann, J.; Hetmańczyk, M.; Witala, B. Characterization of alumina scales grown on a 2nd generation single crystal Ni superalloy during isothermal oxidation at 1050, 1100 and 1150 °C. Oxid. Met. 2014, 82, 195–208.
- Hong, S.; Hwang, G.; Han, W.; Lee, K.; Kang, S. Effect of zirconium addition on cyclic oxidation behavior of platinum-modified aluminide coating on nickel-based superalloy. Intermetallics 2010, 18, 864–870.
- Zhang, S.-N.; Jia, L.-N.; Guo, Y.; Kong, B.; Zhang, F.-X.; Zhang, H. High-temperature oxidation behavior of Nb–Si-based alloy with separate vanadium, tantalum, tungsten and zirconium addition. Rare Met. 2021, 40, 607–615.
- Zhang, S.; Jia, L.; Guo, Y.; Kong, B.; Zhou, C.; Zhang, H. Improvement in the oxidation resistance of Nb-Si-Ti based alloys containing zirconium. Corros. Sci. 2020, 163, 108294.
- Qiao, Y.; Guo, X.; Zeng, Y. Study of the effects of Zr addition on the microstructure and properties of Nb-Ti-Si based ultrahigh temperature alloys. Intermetallics 2017, 88, 19–27.
- Ma, R.; Guo, X. Composite alloying effects of V and Zr on the microstructures and properties of multi-elemental Nb–Si based ultrahigh temperature alloys. Mater. Sci. Eng. A 2021, 813, 141175.
- Behrani, V.; Thom, A.J.; Kramer, M.J.; Akinc, M. Microstructure and oxidation behavior of Nb-Mo-Si-B alloys. Intermetallics 2006, 14, 24–32.
- Zhang, Y.Y.; Cui, K.K.; Fu, T.; Wang, J.; Shen, F.Q.; Zhang, X.; Yu, L.H. Formation of MoSi2 and Si/MoSi2 coatings on TZM (Mo-0.5Ti-0.1Zr-0.02C) alloy by hot dip silicon-plating method. Ceram. Int. 2021, 47, 23053–23065.
- Wu, M.L.; Jiang, L.W.; Qu, S.Y.; Guo, F.W.; Li, M.; Kang, Y.W.; Han, Y.F. Effect of trace Ce and B additions on the microstructure of Nb-3Si-22Ti alloys. Prog. Nat. Sci. Mater. Int. 2017, 27, 362–368.
- Zhang, Y.Y.; Li, Y.G.; Bai, C.G. Microstructure and oxidation behavior of Si-MoSi2 functionally graded coating on Mo substrate. Ceram. Int. 2017, 43, 6250–6256.
- Zhang, S.; Guo, X. Effects of B addition on the microstructure and properties of Nb silicide based ultrahigh temperature alloys. Intermetallics 2015, 57, 83–92.
- Sun, Z.; Guo, X.; Guo, B. Effect of B and Ti on the directionally solidified microstructure of the Nb–Si alloys. Int. J. Refract. Met. Hard Mater. 2015, 51, 243–249.
- Thomas, K.S.; Varma, S.K. Oxidation response of three Nb-Cr-Mo-Si-B alloys in air. Corros. Sci. 2015, 99, 145–153.
- Su, L.F.; Jia, L.N.; Weng, J.F.; Hong, Z.; Zhou, C.G.; Zhang, H. Improvement in the oxidation resistance of Nb-Ti-Si-Cr-Al-Hf alloys containing alloyed Ge and B. Corros. Sci. 2014, 88, 460–465.