- Please check and comment entries here.
Grouting in Coal Mass
Pre-grouting as an effective means for improving the stability of roadways can reduce maintenance costs and maintain safety in complex mining conditions. In the Guobei coal mine in China, a cement pre-grouting technique was adopted to enhance the overall strength of soft coal mass and provide sufficient support for the roadway. However, there are very limited studies about the effect of grouting on the overall strength of coal in the laboratory.
2. Discussion on Grouting in Coal Mass
2.1. Microstructure of the Coal–Grout Interface
2.2. Macroscopic Failure Characteristics
2.3. Suggestions for Cement Pre-Grouting in Soft Coal Mass
The entry is from 10.3390/su13169315
- Yang, H.; Zhang, N.; Han, C.; Sun, C.; Song, G.; Sun, Y.; Sun, K. Stability Control of Deep Coal Roadway under the Pressure Relief Effect of Adjacent Roadway with Large Deformation: A Case Study. Sustainability 2021, 13, 4412.
- Yang, H.; Han, C.; Zhang, N.; Sun, Y.; Pan, D.; Sun, C. Long high-performance sustainable bolt technology for the deep coal roadway roof: A case study. Sustainability 2020, 12, 1375.
- Sun, C.; Li, G.; Gomah, M.E.; Xu, J.; Sun, Y. Creep characteristics of coal and rock investigated by nanoindentation. Int. J. Min. Sci. Technol. 2020, 30, 769–776.
- Kang, Y.; Liu, Q.; Xi, H.; Gong, G. Improved compound support system for coal mine tunnels in densely faulted zones: A case study of China’s Huainan coal field. Eng. Geol. 2018, 240, 10–20.
- Zolfaghari, A.; Sohrabi Bidar, A.; Maleki Javan, M.R.; Haftani, M.; Mehinrad, A. Evaluation of rock mass improvement due to cement grouting by Q-system at Bakhtiary dam site. Int. J. Rock Mech. Min. Sci. 2015, 74, 38–44.
- Sun, Y.; Li, G.; Basarir, H.; Karrech, A.; Azadi, M.R. Laboratory evaluation of shear strength properties for cement-based grouted coal mass. Arab. J. Geosci. 2019, 12, 690.
- Brantberger, M.; Stille, H.; Eriksson, M. Controlling grout spreading in tunnel grouting—analyses and developments of the GIN-method. Tunn. Undergr. Sp. Technol. 2000, 15, 343–352.
- Fang, Q.; Du, J.; Li, J.; Zhang, D.; Cao, L. Settlement characteristics of large-diameter shield excavation below existing subway in close vicinity. J. Cent. South Univ. 2021, 28, 882–897.
- Mou, B.; Bai, Y. Experimental investigation on shear behavior of steel beam-to-CFST column connections with irregular panel zone. Eng. Struct. 2018, 168, 487–504.
- Sun, J.; Huang, Y.; Aslani, F.; Ma, G. Properties of a double-layer EMW-absorbing structure containing a graded nano-sized absorbent combing extruded and sprayed 3D printing. Constr. Build. Mater. 2020, 261, 120031.
- Sun, J.; Lin, S.; Zhang, G.; Sun, Y.; Zhang, J.; Chen, C.; Morsy, A.M.; Wang, X. The effect of graphite and slag on electrical and mechanical properties of electrically conductive cementitious composites. Constr. Build. Mater. 2021, 281, 122606.
- Sun, J.; Aslani, F.; Wei, J.; Wang, X. Electromagnetic absorption of copper fiber oriented composite using 3D printing. Constr. Build. Mater. 2021, 300, 124026.
- Li, H.Y. Major and minor structural features of a bedding shear zone along a coal seam and related gas outburst, Pingdingshan coalfield, northern China. Int. J. Coal Geol. 2001, 47, 101–113.
- Basarir, H.; Sun, Y.; Li, G. Gateway stability analysis by global-local modeling approach. Int. J. Rock Mech. Min. Sci. 2019, 113, 31–40.
- Sun, Y.; Li, G.; Zhang, J.; Qian, D. Stability Control for the Rheological Roadway by a Novel High-Efficiency Jet Grouting Technique in Deep Underground Coal Mines. Sustainability 2019, 11, 6494.
- Sun, Y.; Zhang, J.; Li, G.; Wang, Y.; Sun, J.; Jiang, C. Optimized neural network using beetle antennae search for predicting the unconfined compressive strength of jet grouting coalcretes. Int. J. Numer. Anal. Methods Geomech. 2019, 43, 801–813.
- Sun, Y.; Zhang, J.; Li, G.; Ma, G.; Huang, Y.; Sun, J.; Wang, Y.; Nener, B. Determination of Young’s modulus of jet grouted coalcretes using an intelligent model. Eng. Geol. 2019, 252, 43–53.
- Li, S.; Han, W.W.; Zhang, Q.; Liu, R.; Weng, X. Research on time-dependent behavior of viscosity of fast curing grouts in underground construction grouting. Chin. J. Rock Mech. Eng. 2013, 32, 1–7.
- Sun, Y.; Li, G.; Zhang, J. Developing Hybrid Machine Learning Models for Estimating the Unconfined Compressive Strength of Jet Grouting Composite: A Comparative Study. Appl. Sci. 2020, 10, 1612.
- Sun, Y.; Li, G.; Zhang, J. Investigation on jet grouting support strategy for controlling time-dependent deformation in the roadway. Energy Sci. Eng. 2020, 8, 2151–2158.
- Sun, Y.; Li, G.; Zhang, J.; Qian, D. Experimental and numerical investigation on a novel support system for controlling roadway deformation in underground coal mines. Energy Sci. Eng. 2020, 8, 490–500.
- Kikuchi, K.; Igari, T.; Mito, Y.; Utsuki, S. In situ experimental studies on improvement of rock masses by grouting treatment. Int. J. Rock Mech. Min. Sci. 1997, 34, 138-e1.
- Huang, J.; Zhang, Y.; Sun, Y.; Ren, J.; Zhao, Z.; Zhang, J. Evaluation of pore size distribution and permeability reduction behavior in pervious concrete. Constr. Build. Mater. 2021, 290, 123228.
- Huang, J.; Duan, T.; Zhang, Y.; Liu, J.; Zhang, J.; Lei, Y. Predicting the permeability of pervious concrete based on the beetle antennae search algorithm and random forest model. Adv. Civ. Eng. 2020, 2020, 8863181.
- Huang, J.; Shiva Kumar, G.; Ren, J.; Sun, Y.; Li, Y.; Wang, C. Towards the potential usage of eggshell powder as bio-modifier for asphalt binder and mixture: Workability and mechanical properties. Int. J. Pavement Eng. 2021, 1–13.
- Utsuki, S.; Mito, Y. Development of Grouting Management Support System and its Application to Actual Dam Grouting. In Proceedings of the 47th US Rock Mechanics/Geomechanics Symposium, San Francisco, CA, USA, 23–26 June 2013; OnePetro: Richardson, TX, USA, 2013.
- Salimian, M.H.; Baghbanan, A.; Hashemolhosseini, H.; Dehghanipoodeh, M.; Norouzi, S. Effect of grouting on shear behavior of rock joint. Int. J. Rock Mech. Min. Sci. 2017, 98, 159–166.
- Nikbakhtan, B.; Osanloo, M. Effect of grout pressure and grout flow on soil physical and mechanical properties in jet grouting operations. Int. J. Rock Mech. Min. Sci. 2009, 46, 498–505.
- Barnes, B.D.; Diamond, S.; Dolch, W.L. The contact zone between portland cement paste and glass “aggregate” surfaces. Cem. Concr. Res. 1978, 8, 233–243.
- Zimbelmann, R. A contribution to the problem of cement-aggregate bond. Cem. Concr. Res. 1985, 15, 801–808.
- Monteiro, P.J.M.; Mehta, P.K. The transition zone between aggregate and type K expansive cement. Cem. Concr. Res. 1986, 16, 111–114.
- Scrivener, K.L.; Crumbie, A.K.; Laugesen, P. The Interfacial Transition Zone (ITZ) Between Cement Paste and Aggregate in Concrete. Interface Sci. 2004, 12, 411–421.
- Moradian, Z.; Einstein, H.H.; Ballivy, G. Detection of Cracking Levels in Brittle Rocks by Parametric Analysis of the Acoustic Emission Signals. Rock Mech. Rock Eng. 2016, 49, 785–800.
- Cai, C.; Gao, F.; Li, G.; Huang, Z.; Hou, P. Evaluation of coal damage and cracking characteristics due to liquid nitrogen cooling on the basis of the energy evolution laws. J. Nat. Gas Sci. Eng. 2016, 29, 30–36.
- Kang, H. Support technologies for deep and complex roadways in underground coal mines: A review. Int. J. Coal Sci. Technol. 2014, 1, 261–277.
- Lura, P.; Jensen, O.; Breugel, K. Van Autogenous shrinkage in high-performance cement paste: An evaluation of basic mechanisms. Cem. Concr. Res. 2003, 33, 223–232.
- Bissonnette, B.; Pierre, P.; Pigeon, M. Influence of key parameters on drying shrinkage of cementitious materials. Cem. Concr. Res. 1999, 29, 1655–1662.
- Fukuyama, K.; Higashibata, Y.; Miyauchi, Y. Studies on repair and strengthening methods of damaged reinforced concrete columns. Cem. Concr. Compos. 2000, 22, 81–88.
- Collepardi, M.; Borsoi, A.; Collepardi, S.; Olagot, J.J.O.; Troli, R. Effects of shrinkage reducing admixture in shrinkage compensating concrete under non-wet curing conditions. Cem. Concr. Compos. 2005, 27, 704–708.
- Krishnamoorthy, T.S.; Gopalakrishnan, S.; Balasubramanian, K.; Bharatkumar, B.H.; Rama Mohan Rao, P. Investigations on the cementitious grouts containing supplementary cementitious materials. Cem. Concr. Res. 2002, 32, 1395–1405.
- Chindaprasirt, P.; Homwuttiwong, S.; Sirivivatnanon, V. Influence of fly ash fineness on strength, drying shrinkage and sulfate resistance of blended cement mortar. Cem. Concr. Res. 2004, 34, 1087–1092.